The radio station showed double digit growth in its audience in Johannesburg as a result of increased marketing investments. Its operating proﬁt was in line with expectation although this was slightly lower than the previous year.
Highlights for the year include:
• The station reached Number 1 in the Gauteng Afrikaans market with 28,3% share.
• Total audience of 2,2 million, up 9% compared to the same period one year ago.
• Within its category, Jacaranda achieved 21% growth in Gauteng, 29% in Limpopo, 24% in North West and 18% growth in Mpumalanga.
• Repositioning the radio station to penetrate the Mpumalanga region is progressing well with a new studio opening at the Emnotweni Casino in Nelspruit.
• Just Plain Breakfast won the Best Breakfast Show award at the
2011 MTN Radio Awards.
(Rams, August 2011/3)